Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I am oppressed

Apparently we all are .
No matter how much I scream that I am not .
A Muslim woman in a Muslim country has to be oppressed. you can claim you are not as much as you like. but that doesn't change the fact that you are oppressed.
I am not Vailed (wearing the Hijab) so that's a point for me. Of course the fact that I am hoping to wear it soon doesn't change the fact that they probably look at me as if i am someone who's very brave because I fight for my own freedom.
The western World won't simply allow it. for you to be Muslim and not oppressed and suppressed.
because you don't wear revealing clothes and choose to cover your body instead.
and they are kinda right what women won't like to show (nearly) her entire body and walk around like a piece of meat and have men drool over her (J/k by the way)
if you chose to cover up then you are oppressed.
More on that later

2 comments:

Mohammad said...

heh, it goes to other things too.. choosing not to flirt with the other sex is also called oppression. well, I think it needs patience if u're living abroad for people to understand that u "choose" to do so.

r u living in Egypt?

Crystal Lobna said...

Yeah actually I am, maybe that's why i was stunned to find that online usually saying I am from Egypt makes them automatically assume that am oppressed