Sunday, December 11, 2011

Asmaa

Last Weekend end I got a BBM from friends suggesting we go to the movies, specifically this new movie called Asmaa, Not being an Arabic movies fan I had no idea whatsoever about that movie, but applying that new fun loving spirit I was trying to embrace lately I went along.
for those of you who haven't seen the Movie I won't try to ruin it for you.But I found out the Movie was about Aids, HIV to be more specific Patients who are HIV positive to be quite accurate. Later on I discovered that the movie have tons of awards, so you don't need me to tell you it is a movie worth watching.
The Main Issue for me was the part where everyone wanted to know how she got the disease while she stubbornly refusing to tell anyone. People wanting to know how she got it so they would know how to react toward her, is she a sinner or an innocent victim. It shouldn't make a difference, but sadly it does. every bit of that movie hurt me, It put me in a mood that I can't get raid of it till now. this post was supposed to be about HIV patients in Egypt. I had a million opinion and I read a bunch of scientific stuff but I just can't.
I just feel sad, depressed and broken inside. it even might be because she reminded me of myself .I am not that brave or stubborn  not to this extent but I have both of them inside me , more then most people even know. She was selfless and she had a guilty conscious those were the root of her trouble. I have no selflessness inside of me, I can't put myself second except if I feel in love or if I had a guilty Conscious. I think the main problem is that the movie scared me more then anything and I just realized now , why?
In the movie you don't get to understand her personality upfront, it something that comes to you , bit by bit. through a bunch of flashbacks, Like a puzzle you start to fit each piece of her story  , and with each part the picture gets clearer . after I assembled the Picture it reminded me of myself and the story is so sad it scared me , but now I see it all so clear. She drew a straight line to her own doom, with her own hands and although she saw what's coming ahead , it didn't stop she just kept on going .I tend to do that, but I 've been blessed not to cause permanent damage.

2 comments:

batates_777 said...

that touched me , though I was already aware of the movie and making of it , as I am following its Director: Amr Salama, and was fully aware of story and awards it is gaining...yet at time I saw the trailer , I wass screwedup ! seriously , in the mood,feelings,way of thinking,...all in fact.
I am one of those,movies get on them easily and badly....lel asaf
so you can imagine, how only the trailer left on me ! thinking how bad it will be for me when watching whole movie !!
I am giving myself a space to be good a bit, to have that chance n go there ,watch the movie..n then , I will be fully depressed and devastated..I assure.
Normally the movies have an effect on me for a couple of days of its a good movie, n if its like Asmaa, it does for a lifetime I guess!
I will share my experience with you ofcourse, I am just not feelin well for timebeing,so I doubt if it will be so soon !
However , you can also check Amr Salama's other movie, it is a documentary one, yet it is in movies, its called, eltayeb ,elshares ,elseyasey,,smth alike, also its awards collector.n whoever saw it , gave it whole mark.
so you might be interested to see that one too, its about tahrir btw.

Crystal Lobna said...

I used to follow Amr Salama's Blog, before he made his first movie "zy el naharda" but when i stopped following blogs naturally i stopped following his. but after watching Asmaa I went back to find it I know of the other movie but I have no idea where is it showing.
Rarely does movie touch me or put me in such a bad mood. Not too emotional person I am afraid only when it start getting personal does it influence me.